What are the general rules of succession of females?
Property of a female Hindu dying intestate shall devolve on the following:
- Firstly, upon the sons and daughters (including the children of any pre-deceased son or daughter) and the husband;
- Secondly, upon the heirs of the husband;
- Thirdly, upon the mother and father;
- Fourthly, upon the heirs of the father; and
- Lastly, upon the heirs of the mother
The heirs specified in one entry shall be preferred to those in succeeding entries. All the heirs included in same entry shall take simultaneously. The heirs of pre-deceased son or daughter shall take between them the share which such son or daughter would have taken, if living.