List of Marriage documents signed by husband and wife

Illustrative list of enclosures required with the application from signed by husband and wife

(a) Application from duly signed by both husband and wife.

(b) Documentary evidence of date of birth of both the parties (Copy of Matriculation/Passport/Birth Certificate).Minimum age of both parties is 21 years at the time of registration under the Special/Hindu Marriage Act.

(c) Ration Card of husband & wife whose area SDM has been approached for the certificate.

(d) In case of Special Marriage Act, documentary evidence regarding stay in Delhi of the parties for more than 30 days (ration card or report from the concerned SHO).

(e) Affidavit by both the parties stating place and date of marriage, date of birth, marital status at the time of marriage and nationality.

(f) Two passport size photographs of both the parties and one marriage photograph.

(g) Marriage invitation card, if available.

(h) If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnized the marriage.

(i) Rs. 100/- in case of Hindu Marriage Act and Rs. 150/- in case of Special Marriage Act to be deposited with the cashier of District and the receipt should be attached with the application form.

(j) Affirmation that the parties are not related to each other within the prohibited degree of relationship as per Hindu Marriage Act or Special Marriage Act as the case may be.

(k) Attested copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.

(l) Separate affidavits on Rs. 10/- Non Judicial Stamp paper from both husband and wife (format of affidavit given hereunder)

(m) In case of parties belonging to other than Hindu, Buddhist, Jain and Sikh religions, a conversion certificate from the priest who solemnized the marriage (in case of Hindu Marriage Act).

All complete attested (by Gazetted Officer or Self attested) documents should be submitted to the Registrar of Marriages on any working day along with original documents. Both the parties along with witness as Gazetted Officer or PAN Card holder (Not related to any of applicant) with proof of residence, who attended the marriage (proof to be enclosed).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to top
हिंदी में पढ़ें