PETITION FOR RESTITUTION OF CONJUGAL RIGHTS
IN THE COURT OF THE _______
H.M.O.P. No. _______ of 20 _______
Shri AA. etc. _______ Petitioner;
Smt BB. _______ Respondent.
Petition under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
The Petitioner, named above, states:
1. That the petitioner was married to the respondent on _______ at _______ within the jurisdiction of this Court.
2. That the petitioner and his wife lived last together at _______
3. That on _______ last the respondent went to her father’s house at _______ . She gave word to return within 15 days, but she did not abide by her word and has not returned so far.
4. That the petitioner went to his father-in-law’s house at_______ to bring the respondent, a number of times, but on one pretext or the other, she declined to come along with the petitioner to his house.
5. That lastly the petitioner went to the house of the respondent’s father at _______ on _______ and asked the respondent to return with him, but she refused to come.
6. That the respondent deserted the petitioner or/and has withdrawn from his company without any reasonable or lawful excuse. Hence the necessity for the petition arose.
7. That the cause of action accrued to the petitioner against the respondent, within the jurisdiction of this Court, on _______ when the respondent left for her father’s house at _______ and it continues to accrue from day to day till the respondent comes back to the home of the petitioner and resumes his company.
That the petitioner claims and prays:
(a) That a decree for the restitution of conjugal rights be passed in favour of the petitioner against the respondent.
(b) Any other relief or reliefs which the court may deem proper under the circumstances be also awarded to the petitioner.
I, the abovenamed petitioner, do hereby verify that the contents of this petition in Paras ______________ are true to my personal knowledge and those in Paras Nos______________ are believed by me to be true.
Signed and verified this _______ day of _______ 20 _______ at _______ in Civil Court compound.