reason for Divorce in India
What is the reason for Divorce ?
This is an opinion based article about the major causes of divorce, written after years of working with divorcing clients. There is no scientific research to back up what I’m about to share, just thoughts and opinions I’ve gathered during my career as a Divorce Coach/Consultant.
Lack of Communication Skills:
Pure and simple, people don’t know how to talk to each other and they know even less about listening. The most important conversations people have are with a spouse yet they put so little effort into wisely expressing their feelings and openly listening to their spouse.
As Sam Walton said, “High expectations are the key to everything” unless of course, we are talking about marriage. Expectations and laziness can go hand in hand when it comes to predicting whether a marriage will end in divorce. There are may more can be written.
- InfidelityRealizing one’s partner is unfaithful and cheating on you emotionally or sexually.
- Societal norms or pressureFamily and society’s interference and un-acceptance of one another may be a cause for parting ways.
- IncompatibilityClass, status, conduct, emotional and mental understanding of one another and life situations.
- MisunderstandingOften we are unable to express or explain the cause of our behaviour or words. We might be scared but take it out as anger. There are also many other external forces that intervenes in our relationship leading to miscommunication and misjudgement of past and present equation.
- Unfulfilled ExpectationsWe all have few expectations from our partner, we are also ready to adjust and compromise few things here and there, but in long run these unfulfilled expectations from the partner may lead to an unhealthy bond.
- AbuseRelationship can be abusive in many ways be it emotional, sexual, physical or psychological in nature and lead to deteriorating of the relationship and eventually it’s end.
Such challenging and overwhelming situations can be dealt systematically and strategically in a therapy session where the aim is to help you overcome breakup as per your response and tolerance level and move towards emotional healing.
The package on moving -on after a break up deals with
- Dealing with loss/change/void or emptiness
- Dealing with overwhelming emotions
- Dealing with self-blame or self-criticism
- Rationalizing situation
- Moving responsibly and with positive self-worth